On the eve of the Enhanced Games in Las Vegas on Sunday, Fred Kerley says he will not use banned substances at the competition and looks to make Team USA’s roster for the 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles.
At a media session for the Enhanced Games on Friday, Kerley said he didn’t “need” performance enhancing drugs heading into the event.
“I don’t need it,” Kerley said. “God gave me fast feet for a reason. I’m here to showcase my talent. You still have to work. Drugs aren’t going to give you an advantage if you’re not putting the work in.”
Kerley, 31, is currently serving a two-year ban from the Athletics Integrity Unit for whereabouts violations after racking up three infractions in a 12-month period. A provisional suspension was announced last August and weeks later Kerley said he agreed to sign with Enhanced and is biggest name attached to the event.
In March, the suspension was confirmed by the AIU and Kerley was ordered to pay World Athletics nearly $3,000 in legal fees and other expenses. His competitive results between December 6, 2024 and August 12, 2025 were also disqualified.
“Anti-doping organizations need to be able to test athletes without notice on the day and hour of our choosing, otherwise anti-doping programs will not work, and dopers will easily avoid detection,” AIU head Brett Clothier said in March. “Whereabouts rules are therefore fundamental to the integrity of sport and must be respected.”
The suspension will end in 2027 and Kerley can resume competing in events sanctioned by USA Track & Field and World Athletics if he chooses to join the typical racing circuit that many of his peers.
Kerley had a solid career on the track before joining Enhanced and is the 2022 world champion in the 100m, while also winning global titles in the men’s 4x100m relay as part of the U.S. national team. He won world championship silver with the men’s 4x100m squad in 2017 and a bronze in the men’s 400m in 2019.
At the Olympic stage in the 100m, Kerley won silver in the 2020 Tokyo Games and bronze in Paris. Kerley said on Friday he intends to compete at the 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles.
“I will compete at the L.A. Olympics in 2028,” he said.
At the Enhanced Games, Kerley will be among a sprint roster that includes Marvin Bracy, Reece Prescod, Taylor Anderson, Mike Bryan, Clarence Munyai, Shockoria Wallace, Mouhamadou Fall, Emmanuel Matadi and Shania Collins.
Any athlete who breaks a world record in the competition is said to receive a $1 million bonus even though a record would not officially count because some competitors would be using banned drugs.
Enhanced was founded by Aron D’Souza in 2022 and will have a consumer-facing business that sells personalized testosterone, peptides, GLP-1 weight loss drugs, hormones and health supplements.
The Enhanced Games have been widely criticized by numerous sports governing bodies, including the World Anti-Doping Agency, World Aquatics and USA Swimming, which were named in an $800 million federal lawsuit by Enhanced last year.
Enhanced claimed that the organizations were actively trying to prevent the competition from operating but in November a judge disagreed and dismissed the suit.







